It even hurts when I smile.
Top Ten Things We Are Thankful For This Year:
1. Feelin’ good in the neighborhood and bein’ alive in ’09
2. Benjamins and cash monies.
3. Indoor plumbing and 500 thread count toilet paper.
4. Apple computers but mostly just their commercials.
5. Photo cameras. Jade would be managing a liquor store without them.
6. Jade being off cigarettes for a year today! Yes, she’s replaced her addiction with smearing Elmer’s glue on her hands and then letting it dry and slowly peeling it off. It’s very weird.
7. Cocker spaniels, especially ones that belong to us and have eyes that point in two different directions and bark at their own farts.
8. Dave Ramsey, or at least his book Total Money Makeover.
9. Robert Pattinson
What the – where am I? I thought this was supposed to be a photo blog!
A photo blog, indeed. But it’s MY blog and I’ll post what I want to and right now I’m going to tell you about these delicious little treats called……..they don’t really HAVE a name. I call them chocolate coconut no-bake cookies…unless I’m talking to John then I call them “you know, the chocolate, coco-nut thingies. They’re gooey and good”.
They’re simple to make and you can easily follow along at home.
So let’s get started.
You will need:
4 tbsp. Cocoa
2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Milk
1/2 c. Butter
3 c. Oats
1/2 c. flaked Coconut
1/2 c. chopped Walnuts
1 tsp. Vanilla
To start, first melt the cocoa, sugar, salt, milk and butter together in a saucepan. Stir together and increase heat to bring to a soft boil – making sure all sugar is dissolved. And keep stirring – scorching the sugar WILL make these taste like………well, scorched sugar.
Take off heat and add the the oats, coconut, walnuts and vanilla. Stir together until well mixed.
Next, take a spoonful of this delicious concoction and drop onto waxed paper. Wait an hour to let them harden and then scarf them down.
Please note: Consuming an entire batch of these by yourself (although delicious) will rot your teeth and add some serious chunks to your thighs. You have been warned………….